© 2009 Recycled Energy Corporation
Founded in 2006 by a team of veteran professionals from the energy, and oil and gas industries Recycled Energy Corporation's mission is to develop, construct and operate clean coal, biomass and waste–to–energy facilities in North America.
Mission: To convert municipal solid waste, biomass, and coal into electricity, ethanol and low sulfur diesel; reducing greenhouse gases and fostering energy independence.
Charles L. Christensen
President and CEO
- More than 25 years of corporate experience in sales, marketing, finance, and operations leading companies to greater profitability through strategic product development, market diversification, cost control and team building
- Extensive filtration background: oil and gas and water; successfully executing refinery projects on behalf of major oil companies
- 15 years general management experience, P & L responsibility as General Manager / President / CEO, including a division of an alternative energy company
- Attracts and develops strong, results-driven management teams
- Successful history of commercializing technologies to deliver strong financial performance
- Extensive domestic and international business experience, including joint ventures and technology transfers
- History of consistently exceeding profit goals by implementing lean manufacturing, six sigma, and strong training programs
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota
- MBA Canisius College, Buffalo, NY
- Young Presidentsí Organization 1995 – present
Vice President of Public Affairs
- More than 20 years of public and government affairs experience on behalf of the petroleum industry
- Served 16 years with the Western States Petroleum Association (WSPA), the trade association representing the major petroleum companies that explore, produce, refine, transport, and market petroleum products in the West
- Most recently as the Director of External Affairs, and Secretary to the Board of Directors for WSPA
- Managed the communication strategy and statewide rollout of the California Cleaner-Burning Gasoline program and phase-out of MTBE
- Conducted thousands of interviews on numerous industry issues with print, radio and television outlets
- Past Board Secretary and Officer for the Radio Television News Association of Southern California
- B.A. from the University of California, Santa Barbara
- Certificate, University of Southern California Executive Management Program
- Guest lecturer at the USC Annenberg Graduate School of Communications, Pepperdine University and UCLA's Extension Program
Vice President Technology Development & Implementation
- 37 years corporate leadership in product and process engineering.
- Founded Filterdyne in 1979, a fuel, oil and gas filtration company, which he managed for 20 years.
- Extensive domestic and international sales experience
- Sold Filterdyne in 2000 to Kaydon, and served as Kaydon Filtration's Vice President of Engineering, Director of Business Development and Regional Sales Manager for the Western U.S. and the United Kingdom
- B.S. Ceramic Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Sergeant in the United States Army; earned the Purple Heart for his service during the Vietnam War
- Additional studies in hydraulics, electronics, PLC pro-gramming, mechanical engineering, industrial filtration, marketing, Six–Sigma, and sales management
Vice President Business Development, Sales and Service
- More than 15 years experience in the power generation industry.
- Expert in equipment reliability.
- Designed and successfully marketed Turbine Support equipment for electrical utilities.
- Past Manager of International Business Development for Kaydon Corporation where he was responsible for direct sales to large Turbine manufacturers and the establishment and support of an international distribution network.
- He has worked extensively with European and Eastern Asian Turbine and Heavy Machinery manufactures on new Power Generation construction projects.
- More than 10 years of field engineering and on site equipment commissioning experience
- Founding partner of a California based company specializing in the design, and Boeing/McDonnell Douglas approved certification of, specialty combustion and control systems in the Gas Turbine, Steel, Exotic Metals, and Aerospace industries which has provided construction project management services to numerous large California-based manufacturers.
- Eric has a degree in Electronic Engineering.